Saturday, November 21, 2009

Spike's VGAs - Most Anticipated Game

Bioshock 2

I picked Bioshock 1 up when it was five dollars on Steam last year during their giant January sale. I still haven't played it. I know the game has quite possibly the highest metacritic score of all time, and everyone says the game is amazing. I will play it, maybe after Dragon Age is done, I do not know. Either way, Bioshock 2 should live up to the original. It should be an enjoyable game. I look forward to see what innovations they add to it, or if it is strictly like the original with just a new story. We will see though.

God of War III

I've always thought the God of War games looked pretty damn good. Full of action, based in Mythology, I am not sure what else I could ask for...oh yes, to not be a PS exclusive. I primarily game on the PC, I also own an Xbox 360, so I am more or less out of the loop on games that are Playstation exclusive. If I pick up a PS3, I will be sure to play through some of the God of War games, but until then, I will just admire them from afar and never play them. The new one should be exactly what you see in the old ones, battles with large mythological creatures and cool moves.

Mass Effect 2

I've played Mass Effect, in fact, you could say I am still playing Mass Effect. I have been playing for months. The opening 3rd of Mass Effect is amazing, great story, great action, challenging. It has everything you would ask for in a science fiction RPG. Then, you hit the second 3rd of the game. I find it very tough to get through. I went and took care of a pair of the mission I had to do, but I then just stopped playing. Running around to various planets only to ride around in the worse game vechile ever. Most of these planets have nothing more than a giant snake monster. Hopefully, Mass Effect 2 does a good job at keeping the interest after the first section of the story. I will most likely pick it up eventually, but I do not plan on picking it up at release. I will most likely wait for a sale on Steam.

Starcraft 2

I am pretty sure that Starcraft 2 was on this list last year, and I am pretty sure it will be on the list next year. My issue isn't that Blizzard makes sure that their games are complete, my issue is they announce the games 2+ years before they are actually ready. I am looking forward to Starcraft 2, I will be the first to admit, I am bad at multiplayer Starcraft, like horridly bad. With that said, I am still going to get Starcraft 2, and play the shit out of it. I am not surprised the game has taken two years since the announcement to come out, with the original Starcraft the national sport of Korea, they need to balance Starcraft 2 nearly as much as Starcraft 1. Since Starcraft was such a hit, they need to live up to the hype. It may be one of the biggest games of all time, what other game is a national sport? I will get Starcraft 2 when it finally comes out in 2011, but what I am really looking forward to is Diablo 3, which should be out by 2057.


In closing, a friend of mine pointed out how the category is somewhat bullshit. If you think about, tard is solely based on two things. The first is media hype, and the second is nostalgia from the original(s). I, more or less, agree with him. Giving out an award for how much you are looking forward to a game doesn't do much good at all. Think about it, Hellgate: London very well could have won this award a couple years ago. From the makers of Diablo 2, with a great media push. And look at the garbage that it turned out to be. Everyone knows that I bash Hellgate: London on a daily basis. I don't doubt that all four of these games are going to be good, but giving an award to a game before it comes out seems pretty bullshit to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment