Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Listed M.I.A.

Let me give every one a rundown of whats been going on in the D-Pad D-Bag universe. Egan and I have been getting amped up for PAX. We've been coordinating schedules, putting in for vacation pay and days off, getting our finances in line, finding cat sitters, and going over the panel list and prioritizing what we want to hear about.

I'm looking forward to a group of panels, following a theme. Journalism. I hope to gain some insight from people who know what they are talking about on the basics of Journalism relating to the video game industry. Maybe I'll pick up a few pointers like "under no circumstance make a food network chef reference, no matter what context". Hopefully Egan and myself will pick up tips and improve our blog and find a clearer voice.

I also picked up MLB 10: The Show. I'm an early adopter of the series, and am impressed with the 2010 release. The graphics and animations are crisp, clear and beautiful on an HD TV. The beauty and detail of ball parks brings a tear to my eye because it is the closest I will ever get to stepping into the batters box and taking a swing. The difficulty of this game also brings a tear to my eye. I am horrible. I have always been horrible in most of the Show games, I doubt I will improve. I am struggling with a 1-6 record. How ever, I continue to play. It is a fulfilling moment when you hit a solid lead off double, steal third and wait on baited breath for a scoring opportunity. It is equally as heartbreaking to strike out twice, then line drive to second and end the inning scoreless. I play on the edge of my seat. That is what a good game does. The Show 10 definitely toys with my emotions and slaps me upside the head.

I got back into playing Modern Warfare 2 a lot more after 2 months off or so. I've been playing Ground War Multiplayer. Not much has changed other than my skill disappearing, my ratio dropping, everyone lapping me in terms of prestige mode and having the same level as me. I keep on fighting the good fight for now. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is very tempting. I plan on trying to organize a MW2 PS3 game night in the coming weeks. If you are interested leave a comment. Or

Peacewalker has been delayed. The good news, it will be bundled. I will still be picking the game up on June 8th (unless it is delayed again). Only this time instead of Ruby Tuesday which has gone out of business, I will probably get my ass out of bed at 10am, head over to the crappy mall pick up my copy of Peacewalker and then spend time at Ihop or Old Country Buffet steam rolling through the game. Until I am full of waffles made of shame.

As the twitterverse has been exploding with Just Cause 2 praise and chatter, I am very curious about this game and may put it in my queue to play when I get a chance to get my hands on it. I am worried it will be the Red Faction Guerilla of 2010. RF:G was very excited, it looked good, large, expansive, destructive, challenging and a unique experience. I get the feeling from reviews and videos that Just Cause 2 is similar. I sank a lot of time just aimlessly driving and breaking stuff last summer on Mars and haven't picked the game back up since. I'd hate to get rid of it because was so refreshing.

Catch everyone at PAX, mention the blog and I'll buy you a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment